Printable Factor, Multiples, LCM, HCF Worksheets
Choose one of the following factors, factorization, multiples, LCM and HCF worksheet categories or click here for our complete list of free LCM and HCF worksheets.
Listing (proper) factors and working with multiples are a very important component of the math curriculum as it is directly related to multiplication and division, working with denominators and fractions and of course algebra. When students master 'the art' of (prime) factoring and are able to determine the greatest common factors (GCF) or least common multiples (LCM), they will find these related math topics a lot easier. Prime factorization builds a sense of how numbers are composed and will greatly benefit students in their future math years
What is prime factorization and how can students master this skill? Prime factorization is finding out which prime numbers you need to multiply to get a certain original (composite) number. Let's take number 100. 2 x 50 multiplies to 100, so 2 x 2 x 25 also; now take 25, which factorizes to 5 x 5. Now we have all the prime numbers that make up 100 when we multiply them. 2 x 2 x 5 x 5. How can we master this trick? First make sure that you can multiply and divide numbers without any problems. You might have to repeat the grade 2 basic multiplication and division tables and make sure that you can dream the facts. Secondly, use factoring trees (so our factorization worksheets above), they will help you step by step finding these prime numbers.
Once we can factorize composite numbers, we can now learn how to find the highest common factors and the lowest common multiples. These numbers are super useful when you want to simplify fractions or when you want to add, subtract fractions.
You can use our prime factorization, GCF and LCM worksheets, print them out and test your skills. We also have a selection of factoring trees worksheet that will kind of guide you through the process. Also interesting are our prime number worksheets, in which you have to determine whether numbers are prime or composite.
Our remedial Factors and Multiples worksheets are based on the following Singaporean Curriculum math topics:
- Being able to multiply and divide numbers by heart
- Know the first 10 multiples of numbers (listing multiples worksheets)
- Know about factors and being able to list the factors of numbers (lsting factors worksheets)
- Know about proper factors and being able to list them
- Know how to find the prime factors that make up composite numbers
- Know how to determine whether a number is a prime number or a composite numbers
- Know how to use (prime) factor trees to factorize numbers
- Know how to find the least common multiples of 2 or 3 numbers
- Being able to find the greatest common factor of 2 or 3 numbers
Want to know about our new material? Follow us on Facebook.